Thursday, January 29, 2009

Adventures at the Doctor's Office

I had a follow-up with Dr. SF (silver fox) this afternoon... and this is how it went:

1) Had a 4 pm appointment, didn't actually get called in until 4:45 pm... AFTER the receptionist had closed her station and put the steel window cover up.
2) Nurse Harry started fiddling with the computer when asking me about my last menstrual cycle.
3) Dr. SF comes in looking more dapper than usual and starts checking me out (medically and literally). Tells me that everything looks good... except that there are some "bats in my cave" [boogers in my nose] and that I have a very angry Virginia nose. Prescribes me with allergy medicine.
4) Box suddently pops up on the computer screen saying that I'm due for a HIV test.
5) Start freaking out.
6) Tells me I should do it.
7) Freak out some more... even though I shouldn't be worried.
8) Tells me we should move into his office to discuss some other medications that I requested.
9) Closes his office door.
10) Mild flirting starts. He asks how old I am... even thought my computer records are up that visibly says "27 year old female" on the screen (even I can see it).
11) Jokes with me that he is old enough to be my father. And then looks up and stares.
12) Prescribes me with the medication that I requested even though he "could get fired b/c he's not supposed to prescribe it to anyone."
13) I thank him and say something witty about the on-going superiority wars between doctors and pharmacists.
14) Gives me a sticker of Crush from Finding Nemo. [Yes, I am 27, but I still got excited]
15) I tell him that as much as I like Crush, I enjoyed Squirt more.
16) He looks at me and smiles... then hands me another sticker.. this time, of Squirt.
17) I laugh at the sticker. Again, yes, I'm 27.
18) Dr. SF says "Now, if you don't like this one, then I don't know you as well as I think I know you" and hands me a 3rd sticker of Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow.
19) I start drooling.
20) I go downstairs to wait for my prescriptions.
21) Random older lady with a femullet, who should be wearing a bra but isn't, starts talking to me about her bowel problems and how her doctor, who she finds very attractive but is married, will not give her the medication that she wants because it is too expensive.
22) I tell the crazy lady that she should switch to my doctor because he gave me the medication that I wanted.
23) Asks me who my doctor is.... when I tell her it's Dr. SF, she tells me that he's her doctor too.
24) Starts telling me about her same bowel problems again as if she's telling a different person.
25) I still act interested because, let's face it, she's the type of person who will pull out a shank on someone.
26) Her prescription is called. She leaves.
27) Small hispanic boy comes over san t-shirt and starts smiling at me and waving.
28) He's too cute not to wave back. So I do. Mother comes and takes him... looking at me like I'm crazy. Lady... your child is shirtless in the middle of winter. There's ice on the ground. And you are wearing sandals with socks. I believe you are the crazy one.
29) My prescription is called. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment