Friday, February 6, 2009

My Bloody Worst Nightmare

As you are all aware, no scary movie has ever really scared me. With the exception of a few screams from things jumping onto the screen from out of nowhere (which is, in my opinion, used as scare tactic in really bad movies), I've never actually come out of a movie thinking "holy shit." I thought my luck was about to change last night. Enter: My Bloody Valentine 3-D.

Michelle, Kitty, Kristi and I went to see this flick last night... and while the plot itself turned out to be pretty good, and the ending was unexpected, I was slightly disappointed. I was not scared one bit - but I guess I should have known that would happened. In fact, unfortunatley for my peers sitting next to me, I laughed through the entire thing.

Besides the hotness on screen that was Jensen Ackles, I was sort of annoyed with the film: the 3-D glasses gave me a headache; the ax, bloody jaw, bullets, etc. coming towards us was not quite up to par (I'm hoping Disney's Monsters vs. Aliens will renew my faith in 3-D); the old men in the movie were too old for my taste. But those were nothing compared to what I'm about to tell you. The worst part of the movie was not the bad acting or the obvious fake hearts... no. The worst part of the movie, and you can ask Michelle on this one, was the couple behind us. Not only did they come in late (already a pet-peeve of mine) making all kinds of noise trying to pick out their seats, which happened to be right behind us, but the lady also decided to TRANSLATE THE ENTIRE FILM TO HER BOYFRIEND IN SPANISH!! Serious? Are you kidding me? Kat and Kristi were completely unaware of this as they were both cowering in their seats with hands over their ears and eyes... wussies.

I will say that there was one good thing to come from this movie. The 3-D glasses. Worth the entire 11 dollars (student discount only - don't hate)... you'll probably have to pay 14 for them.

1 comment:

  1. Shut up...we were not cowering in our seats!!
    okay maybe for a little bit!

    ReplyDelete