Friday, March 13, 2009

Letting Go

You all may remember from the original blog that Old Man River and I called it quits amicably. The distance was pretty much the only reason we split. However, like many girls who are still smitten, I didn't offically end things. The idea that we could "still be friends" was a good one to me. And while we did continue talking and flirting and acting like we were still together, we really weren't. And then when we started talking about dating other people (well, more so on his part) I became ill. That's when I knew that I should end things permanently. And I tried... on several occasions... but I ultimately couldn't. The idea of him not being a part of my life somehow made my heart break all over again.

And for some reason, it continued on again. But I started resenting him. And that made it even more difficult. So, with the help of a few friends, I was able to delete everything about him... his emails, his pictures, his name from my FB friends list... but not before I sent him a letter.

I know what you are all thinking... Why? Well, because he deserved one. He was an amazing guy and he treated me like a Goddess... so yeah, I felt he deserved some explanation. So I emailed him a letter telling him why I was letting go of him, and that I still loved him, and that I hoped in the end our paths would cross again. (Don't worry, I wasn't as cliche as "if you love something let it go. if it comes back to you it's meant to be... etc.") It was sweet. And hopeful. And heartbreaking.
And his response was:
"...I wish I could relay my feelings as well as you, but the truth is nothing I think of writing would ever explain my feelings for you. I will end this with, I love you..."

And with that, I gave him one last cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment